Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (LSSYB) Certification Program with Externship
Program includes National Certification & an Externship Opportunity
- Course Duration: 6 Months
- Type: Certificate
- Languages: English
- Certifications : Included
- Course Contact Hours : 375
- Externship : Included
This self-paced course prepares learners for the successful completion of the Mind Edge Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam by exposing them to the Six Sigma concepts, strategies, tools, and techniques used in process improvement projects. The course is divided into modules that explain key foundational Six Sigma information, guide students through the five steps of the DMAIC methodology, and demonstrate how a Six Sigma approach can benefit organizations in several, diverse industries or business sectors. Course assignments show the tools and skills practitioners will use in support of process improvement activities and explain how participants can contribute as important members of improvement teams.
Throughout the course, learners will be tested on their understanding and comprehension of course topics through challenging exercises, and interactive games. Each module also includes comprehensive quizzes and tests that learners can use to gauge their progress and prepare for each of the 25-question practice exams at the course end. Video segments from subject matter experts also supplement the course material, to provide real-world examples and enhanced understanding of important concepts and best practices.
At the conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Explain the concepts, tools, techniques, and strategies used in Six Sigma projects
- Describe the five stages of the DMAIC methodology and identify the factors that will improve its chances of success
- Assist in the application of specific tools and techniques in support of process improvement activities
- Demonstrate mastery of the skills and information covered in the Mind Edge Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam
- Develop risk response strategies and contingency plans
- Key Concepts
- Project Scoping
- Voice of the Customer
- Value Stream Mapping & Process Mapping
- Key Metrics
- Basic Data Collection
- Basic Charts & Analysis
- Value Adding Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- Error Proofing
- Overall Methodology
- Understanding Hypothesis Testing
- Visual Management
- Standard Operating Procedures
Note: This program can be completed in 6 months. However, students will have online access to this program for a 24-month period.
Education and National Certifications
- Students should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
- Students who complete this program will be eligible to sit for the IASSC (ICYB) Exam
Upon successful completion of this program, students would be eligible to sit for the IASSC (ICYB) Exam. Students who complete this program are encouraged to complete the externship option with their program. Students who complete this program can and do sit for the national certification exam and are qualified, eligible and prepared to do so.works with each student to complete the exam application and register the student to take their national certification exam.
Externship / Hands on Training / Practicum
Although not a requirement, once students complete the program, they have the ability to participate in an externship and/or hands on practicum so as to practice the skills necessary to perform the job requirements of a professional in this field. Students will be assisted with completing a resume and/or other requirements necessary to work in this field. All students who complete this program are eligible to participate in an externship and will be placed with a participating organization near their location.works with national organizations and has the ability to place students in externship opportunities nationwide
Note: No refunds can be issued after the start date published in your Financial Award document.